MY THREE BOOK CHALLENGES 2012
I will leave my comments in the box below; as replies for updates for how I’m progressing throughout the year, as well maybe do reviews on the books I found interesting and rewarding to have read.
(R) = Read
The Long Book Challenge
This one was made up by Debra’s Book Café and Bumblesby, on their youtube book channels and goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/
The challenge for 2012 is to ‘up the game’ and read longer novels
(mine would be from the local library) of books over 400 pages in length.
1.The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood (627 pages) (R)
2. The Time of My Life by Cecelia Ahern (419 pages –
large print edition) (R)
3. The Nonesuch by Georgette Heyer (523 pages –
large print edition)
Read Non-Fiction Book Challenge
This is a challenge to read at least one book every three months
that is non-fiction (that has some historical/biographical value)
from the public library.
1. A History of English Food by Clarissa Dickson Wright
Read Contemporary Books Challenge
This challenge has been made up by me, to read at least six (adult)
contemporary books in a period of over six months, that has been
borrowed from the public library (thats not duplicated from the above
book challenges – it has to be a different book.)
Weblink as to what is meant by ‘contemporary fiction’ as a genre:
Postmodernism, Backgrounds and Definitions and Contemporary Fiction
1. A Single Man by Christopher Isherwood (R)
Read Chick-Lit fiction Book Challenge
This is a challenge to read at least one book every month
that is from the public library.
1. Monday to Friday Man by Alice Peterson (R)
2. The Black Violin by Maxence Fermine (R)
3. Pear Shaped by Stella Newman
4. Hotel Vendôme by Danielle Steel